250gm block of Nutrisoy organic tofu (keep whole)
1 large brown onion finely chopped.
1 glove of garlic finely chopped.
1 bunch of asparagus sliced into 30cm.
2 medium carrots cut into 30cm match sticks.
¼ bunch of fresh basil finely chopped.
2 tablespoons olive oil (for frying onions & garlic)
1 cup of black rice (cook as instructed)
½-tsp of sesame oil.
½- large lime; juice only.
4 tablespoons of Kikoman’s soya sauce.
1 teaspoon of Linghams sweet chilli.
½- teaspoon of caramelised balsamic
1. Put rice on cook as per instructions on packet.
2. In a small frying pan add olive oil on medium heat add garlic & onions; cook until golden brown will need the occasional stir, will take some time.
3. Place tofu in heat proof dish steam for 10 mins full heat, take out & set aside keep covered.
4. To steamer add carrots & asparagus. These will cook quickly, don’t overcook.
5. Sauce; in a clean jar add all sauce ingredients. Place lid tightly and shake well.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
Get a large warm display plate; place Tofu in centre, place cooked black rice around outside of tofu; then carrots; place asparagus in each of the four corner’s (refer to photograph) with sauce pour ½ only over the tofu, then get fried onions & garlic place on top of tofu, get chopped
basil sprinkle over top of tofu finely finish off with pouring the rest of the sauce over top of tofu. If you have a healthy appetite serves 2-3 people. Serve and enjoy!